NOTICE OF A CASUAL VACANCIES TO BE FILLED BY CO-OPTION BY CAM PARISH COUNCIL
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that pursuant Rule 8 of the Local Elections (Parishes and Communities) Rule 1986 Cam Parish Council will fill the casual vacancies arising from the uncontested election by way of co-option.
Provided the person also satisfies at least ONE of the following they may be apply:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a British citizen, an eligible Commonwealth citizen or a citizen of any other member state of the European Union meet at least one of the following four qualifications:
- Local government elector for the parish of Cam
- You have occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in Cam during the whole of the 12 months prior to co option
- Your main or only place of work during the 12 months prior to the day of your nomination has been in the parish of Cam
- You have lived in the parish area or within three miles of it during the whole of the 12 months before the day of your nomination.
The person must not be disqualified. A person convicted of a criminal offense, or a person who is the subject of a bankruptcy restrictions order or interim order might, for example, be a disqualified person.
Cam Parish Councillors meet the first Wednesday of each month and other commitments may be necessary depending on committee representation.
Written expressions of interest from persons wishing to serve as a Councillor need to be submitted to the Clerk of the council for decisions at the Full council meeting.
Get more involved...Full training and guidance is given - if you meet the requirements above then the only other requirement is enthusiasm!
Contact the officefor more information.