1. Skip to content

Cam Parish Council

Serving the people of Cam

Parish Office

Clerk: Mrs Jenny Walkley
Parish Council Office, 4 Noel
Lee Way, Cam, Gloucestershire
GL11 5PS

Planning Applications

For access to all local planning applications go to Stroud District Council's applications search facility - see the link below. It is very easy to use by following this guide:

  • Click on the link below
  • When you are in the site click on the wide red button that says search planning applications
  • Scroll down and click on Advanced Search
  • Scroll down and select Cam Parish Council where it says Parish
  • Now press Search and you should see all current planning applications for Cam

You will then need to click on the little sign next to the application to open the documents. Open associated documents and then you are able to view all the documents associated with the planning application.

Try it now: Applications search facility

About the planning permission process

Almost all new buildings and many extensions and alterations to existing buildings, as well as the change of use of buildings, require Planning Permission from the District Council.

Copies of all planning applications received for Cam are sent to the Parish Council for comment. These are discussed at the monthly meetings of the Planning Committee. You can see the dates of these meetings on our Meetings Calendar.

The comments agreed by the Parish Council are relayed to the District Council, which must take them into consideration in reaching the formal decision.

Where the District's decision differs from the recommendation made by the Parish Council, the District must provide the Parish Council with reasons for its decision.

The District Council delegates the power to assess planning applications to its planning officers, in the majority of cases.

County Highways and the Parish Council are consulted, and neighbours of the application site notified.

District Ward Councillors or Cam Parish Council planning committee may refer an application to Committee where they feel that greater discussion is needed.

Members of the public concerned about a particular application are advised to contact both the Parish Council and their District Ward Councillor. Details of Ward Councillors are available from Stroud District Council http://www.stroud.gov.uk/.