• Cam Parish Council will work with Stroud District Council to ensure the
delivery of the Cam, Dursley Greenway through Cam Parish.
• Cam Parish Council will work with Stroud District Council and the
Highways Authority to improve pedestrian safety and priority and
safety in general, at the Tesco roundabout.
• Audit the condition and usage of the snickets to conserve and enhance
this key local feature.
• Raise local awareness of the snicket network and the places that can
be reached taking these quick car free routes.
• Cam Parish Council will work with National Rail, Network Rail, the
Highway Authority and Stroud District Council to secure improvements
to Cam & Dursley train station, including secure cycle parking and the
careful management of car parking provision at the station.
• Cam Parish Council will work together with the Highway Authority,
public transport providers, local action groups and developers to develop a long term sustainable strategy to:
»» Encourage better access to and increased use of public transport.
»» Ensure that new development takes place adjacent to the built
up areas where there are good travel choices.
»» Improve links within the existing built-up area for cycling and bus
»» Ensure other vehicular traffic keeps to appropriate routes.
»» Implement Report approved by Parish Council Leisure
Committee on 15 February 2017- Cam's Accessible Paths Project.
Improving access to the countryside for all in the interests of
local residents health and wellbeing.
»» Encourage parents to walk to Hopton school. Include signage to
limit time parking.