Vacancy for Parish Councillors in Cam
There are currently two vacancies for Parish Councillors in Cam.
You can become a councillor as long as you are:
- British or a citizen of the Commonwealth or European Union
- At least 18 years old
- Registered to vote in the area or have lived, worked or owned property there for at least 12 months before an election.
There are many reasons why you might like to become a councillor:
- to make a difference and help shape the future of the local community
- concern about your local area and wanting to ensure the community gets the right services
- to represent the views of local people and ensure that community interests are taken into account
- concern about a specific issue and wanting to do something about it
- having good ideas for the council and community in a time of scarce resources
- to contribute your skills
- to build on other community work through a charity, voluntary group or school governing body – becoming a councillor can be a great 'next step'
- to pursue your political ambitions and contribute to your community
- it can be a career-enhancing activity, allowing you to develop leadership and analytical skills and to obtain practical and managerial work experience.
If you have time to spare and would like to find out more, please speak to the Clerk, Jenny Walkley on 01453 548884 or email email@example.com
Posted: Thu, 08 Oct 2020 13:48 by Jenny Walkley