• Undertake a detailed tree survey mapping all trees in Cam. This could
take the form of an interactive google map or use of the Woodland
Trust British Trees App - https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/visitingwoods/
• Identification of key trees (both in the public realm and private
gardens) that may be worth a TPO in recognition of the contribution
that tree makes to local character.
• Set up a network of local tree volunteers. Tree Wardens are active
volunteers who champion, conserve and enhance their communities'
trees and woods. https://www.treecouncil.org.uk/Take-Part/Tree-
• Identify spaces that could benefit from tree planting. Planting grants
are available through the Tree Council.
• Undertake a Tree Canopy Coverage (TCC) estimate for the Cam Wards
East and West and add to the Forestry Research compilation of TCC
data from across the UK.
• Raise awareness of the importance of boundaries and the different
options that can make a positive contribution to the neighbourhoods